The essential function of the Resort Manager is to oversee all daily activities of The Thunderbird Resort in Sparks, NV. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and ensures the smooth operations of all resort services. The Resort Manager will work together in a team environment with other managers and frequently interacts with guests, homeowners, employees, and vendors. This person must be dependable and able to perform a variety of responsibilities and tasks without a loss of efficiency or composure. The Resort Manager is responsible for ensuring quality in maintenance and housekeeping.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (non-inclusive):
· Ensure guest satisfaction by greeting and responding to guest requests. Take all action necessary to ensure exceptional customer service is provided by all staff members.
· Ensure excellent communication between resort management team, and resort staff
· Maintain a high profile within the resort
· Maintain regular positive contact with guests throughout their stay
· Arrange and conduct weekly meetings with staff and resort management team
· Manage housekeeping department and ensure units are cleaned to company standards
· Inspect all units on a regular basis and ensure that all housekeeping and maintenance issues have been addressed prior to occupancy
· Supervise maintenance staff members and ensure quality and efficiency
· Position requires manager to be available 24-7 and be available to address potential concerns from guests and or employees
· Member of the Safety Committee and is responsible for providing a safe environment for guests and employees
· Responsible for ensuring staff members are trained on company safety procedures and ensuring that all fire codes are in compliance
· Carry out disciplinary procedures when necessary and ensure standards are being adhered to
· Ensure snow removal is conducted in a timely basis after snowfall and all common areas accessible by the public are cleared of any hazards
· Responsible for ordering inventory and supplies
· Responsible for maintaining inventory and tracking usage
· Responsible for hiring and scheduling maintenance and housekeeping staff members and ensuring adequate coverage based upon occupancy
· Responsible for conducting performance reviews for employees after their first 90 days and on an annual basis
· Manage and maintain petty cash account
· Must work weekends and holidays
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Strong time management and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead by example and inspire, train and develop staff.
- Ability to build morale and spirit.
- Must be personable with an outgoing character and hardworking
- Ability to solve problems in the absence of guidance.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Able to multitask work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires you to have experience in hotel, property or timeshare management, pass a drug test and hold a 4-year degree, preferably.